Digital Images and Accidents!
A couple days ago I was meeting with a potential wedding client. She was telling me about how she had accidentally deleted a couple images she had needed. Anyway, this is a long way of saying the following is what you do if you screw up with digital! This is what I recommend for everyone using a digital camera to keep your photographs from being lost:
- Never delete images in the camera. It is just too easy to delete something that you wanted, or accidentally hit delete all instead of deleting just one image.
- Download the entire card onto your computer.
- Backup your images immediately everytime you download.
- THEN, go through them and delete the photographs you don't want.
- Using this method if you accidentally delete one or all of them, they are in your wastebasket on your computer, or, if worst comes to worst, you can go to your backup.
- Once this is done, format your card. Formatting your card rather than deleting all the images gets rid of the clutter on the card and allows it to perform better.